How to Qualify
The Gaspar Cup chase will end immediately after the November Gaspar Invitational, and Cup Points from the November Invitational will count, as will any Gaspar Challenges from the event. No Challenges allowed after the event. Players MUST post their Gaspar Challenges on the Facebook group by Sunday night after the event by 11pm to count.
New Gaspar Cup Rules for 2021
- The Gaspar Cup season ends immediately after the November Gaspar Invitational.
- The top 10 ranked players (and ties) will make the Gaspar Cup Playoffs.
- Every Gaspar Invitational winner automatically qualifies for that season's Gaspar Cup Playoffs as long as they have played in a minimum of 6 Gaspar Invitationals that season.
- The Gaspar Cup Playoff seedings will be randomly drawn starting in 2021.
- If we have more than 16 players qualify for the Gaspar Cup Playoffs, we will have byes in the 1st Round, with the highest ranked player(s) getting byes.
- We will continue to use a Match Play format for the Gaspar Cup Playoffs.
- Because our season now ends after the November event, we will have plenty of time to finish the Gaspar Cup Playoffs before the beginning of 2022.
- Both players should agree where to play their match.
- All men's matches will be from a minimum of 6000 yards, and a maximum of 6300 yards, UNLESS both players wish to play from tees that would exceed 6300 yards. For example, 2 low handicap players may elect to play from 6800 yards if they wish.
- All women continue to play from the ladies' tees.
- There is now an $2 entry fee per player to play a Gaspar Challenge. All fees go into the Gaspar Cup Championship Pool.
- All Playoff rounds will require a $20 entry fee per player, with the $40 from each match being added to the Gaspar Cup Championship Pool. Side bets are encouraged, but not required.
- Players must pay their entry fee by either Venmo (@GasparGolf) or Zelle (813-476-1960) prior to play.
- The Gaspar Cup Playoffs will also have a prize purse equal to $1 for every player who plays in the Points Game throughout all the Gaspar Invitationals in 2021.
- All matches are Match Play, based on final Points Quotas for each player. This year, we take the total difference between the 2 Quotas, and the lower Quota player receives a stroke on the hardest hole(s) based on the scorecard. For players whose Quota difference is greater than 18, the lower Quota player receives 2 strokes on the hardest hole(s) until the difference is met. For example, a player with a Quota of 40 plays a player with a Quota of 10, a difference of 30. The lower Quota player receives 1 shot on all 18 holes, PLUS another shot on the 12 hardest holes.
- In Match Play, there are NO CARRY-OVER HOLES. You either win a hole, lose a hole, or push a hole. You may only win 1 hole at a time. When a player is winning by the same number of holes as there are holes left to play, the match is considered Dormie. Any push on a hole, or a loss by the player who is down, would end the match.
- Men play from 6000-6300 yards, same as we play in the Gaspar Invitationals. Women play from the ladies' tees.
- Where you play is up to the players in the match. You must play a course that is at least a par 70 course. No executive courses.
- Tiebreaker Rules, if there is a tie after 18 holes of play. Players decide BEFORE the match begins what option they will use to break a tie.
OPTION A - You go back to the hardest handicap hole, and play it again, using Quota handicaps. If there is still a tie after 1 hole, you proceed to the next hole on the course, using Quota handicaps. You keep playing until the tie is broken in sudden death.
OPTION B - You use the scorecard to determine the tiebreak by starting at the hardest handicap hole, going to the next hardest handicap hole, etc. As soon as there is a hole that is won by either player, based on the Quota handicap, the match is over.
OPTION C - Flip a coin to break the tie.
- Players may opt to forfeit their match if they cannot play within a reasonable amount of time. Because we have several rounds to play, we must insist that players try to play their match within a week's time.
- See the New Rules for 2021 above.